Wednesday 18 January 2012

Flags of War - It pays to ask questions??


It pays to ask questions?

In December I commented on the Flags of War blog, when he announced he'd now be selling his flags in 15mm. Great news I thought!!!
I'd always admired the flags and thought now they're sold in 15mm I'd make a purchase. In my comment I asked what size are your flags? As my NYW home-made flags are oversized at 20mm, I know they're supposed to be quite small, but it just adds to the effect having a larger flag.
Then earlier this month in another post Iain gave his plans for 2012. He said he'd be making more Williamite flags for the Grand Alliance period. As some of you may have noticed, (maybe!) I've been painting up loads of Williamite figures over the last year.
Then very surprisingly I got an email from Iain, asking me for my address, as he wanted to send me a sample of his work, which I gladly did. Then low and behold through the post came two sheets of 12 flags, Williamite 1 and 2!!
To say I was pleased is an understatement, I had hoped Iain would send the sheet with the Brandenburg regt in............and he did!!! Excellent!!!!
So I just publicly like to say thanks very much Iain!!! 
And keep on making them fantastic flags!!!

Cheers
Ray

20 comments:

  1. Cheers for the nice words Ray :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this series you've been doing Ray. I just switched to Google Chrome and was finally able to access Col. Shofer's blog. He's got some amazing flags over there (I hope you like him, I don't know if you gamers have rivals). I bet you have these new ones painted and posted before the week is out!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is a very nice thank you post, Sir Ray. And I super duper got a kick out of Lurk's post with you hard at work. Good stuff. Good stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I replied to your comment Ray. Talk it over with Angry and I'll do whatever he tells me to do.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome blog man! I am going to follow you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Now thats what I call good service and its good to see the world of business still has a vain of decency. Good one Flags and Ray

    ReplyDelete
  7. I oredred a couple of weeks ago some 15mm French TYW flags. Though i had forgotten to ask first for the price. Well, They sent me as a bonus (logical for the price I paid) all the French flags I could ever need, included the Scottish guards. Damn they're professionnal, and i know I'll buy more from them.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wonderful post Ray and great service Iain.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nice one. and he´s just announced that he´s done a range of zulu wars queens colours ..http://www.empressminiatures.com/userimages/procart6.htm :-D
    Cheers
    paul

    ReplyDelete
  10. Flags of War has a very, very good service with its flags. I can say I´m very happy with the orders I have received from Iain.

    Best regards.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fantastic post; they do say that good things happen to good people!

    ReplyDelete
  12. You had already hit the big time previously, so this should come as no surprise, still it is good you're keeping an even keel about it.

    ReplyDelete