Sunday 15 January 2012

Recently painted No 47 Japanese 1st and 3rd Cavalry 1904

More Japanese for the Russo-Japanese War of 1904-5, this time two cavalry regiments. The first 5 photos are of the 3rd Cavalry regiment. They like the infantry in an earlier post, were part of the Japanese 2nd Army under General Oku. They were attached to the 3rd Division, which is laid out below


3rd Division: Lieutenant General Y. Oshima
5th Brigade: Major General Yamaguchi
     6th Infantry Regiment
     33rd Infantry Regiment
17th Brigade: Major General Hamaguchi
     18th Infantry Regiment
     34th Infantry Regiment
Attached:
     3rd Artillery Regiment
     3rd Cavalry Regiment
     3rd Engineer Battalion






The next 5 photos are of the 1st Cavalry regiment, they were also part of the 2nd Army, but were in the 1st Division, which can be viewed below

2nd Army: General Oku

1st Division: Lieutenant General Fushimi
1st Brigade: Major General Matsumura
     1st Infantry Regiment
     2nd Infantry Regiment
2nd Brigade: Major General Nakamura
     3rd Infantry Regiment
     15th Infantry Regiment
Attached:
     1st Artillery Regiment
     1st Cavalry Regiment
     1st Engineer Battalion







Once again the figures are from Old Glory, and I entered them into the Analouge Painting Challenge and earned myself, 144 points that pushed me up into 2nd place, although as I'm writing this I've been pushed back down to 4th!!! Which at least is still better than my good friend Fran, (cough), who is in 8th with 444!!

Cheers
Ray

28 comments:

  1. Er... modern Japanese cavalry... you never stop learning. :-D Great figures, man!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like these Ray. Not a period that I'm over familiar with but nonetheless struggling to resist the temptation to explore in more depth!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, indeed, the period is rarelly played, and the figs are wonderful...very nice work, Ray!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Really good looking!! The blue stands out really well.

    ReplyDelete
  5. More great looking units. Very nice.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Now, which units do I prefer? Your NYW or your Japanese? Difficult to say. Ray, great job. I especially like your basing which enhances your painting

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very good work. An obscure period to me, I have only bumped once into it reading Corto Maltes comics.

    ReplyDelete
  8. the flag really stands out against their blue coats. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Really goodlooking original unit. You painted them well Ray!

      Greetings
      Peter
      http://peterscave.blogspot.com/

      Delete
  9. More excellent units and from a different period to game.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I like that intense blue on the uniforms - it really pops! What paints / colours are you using?

    ReplyDelete
  11. Don't know much of this period but these Japanese sure look great. Like how you did the basing as well. Cheers

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great painting as usual. I like the blue coats

    ReplyDelete
  13. Very, very nice models and units, Ray. They look nice.

    Best regards.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Nice, nice, nice! One of my favorite uniforms! Best, Dean

    ReplyDelete
  15. Such a cool project and very well done.

    Christopher

    ReplyDelete
  16. The figs are super.
    Once more, another period that looks great but will be beyond my wallet and attention span.
    I know... Gretz, gretz, gretz...

    ReplyDelete
  17. Looks very good Ray !

    Best regards dalauppror

    ReplyDelete
  18. These guys are cool. It's funny how something as simple as a flag can make them that much cooler to me.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hey there mate you have been busy! I see by the comments left very popular too.... Good show! I think my best response on any post I have done is about 10 responses and you get 25 or more on a regular basis. Again very good mate!

    Cheers,

    Eric

    ReplyDelete
  20. Nice figures and albeit period I'm not familiar with. Good work mate.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Excellent website you have here but I was wanting to know if you knew of any discussion boards that cover the same topics talked about here?
    I'd really like to be a part of community where I can get advice from other knowledgeable individuals that share the same interest. If you have any recommendations, please let me know. Kudos!
    My web site > Download

    ReplyDelete